porterhouse & twice-baked potatoes for two
- 1 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen twice-baked potatoes, any variety
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1. Cook potatoes according to package directions; keep warm.
Meanwhile combine seasoning ingredients: press evenly into both sides of beef steak.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steak in skillet; cook 14 to 17 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
3. Trim fat from steak. Remove bone; carve steak crosswise into slices. Serve with twice-baked potatoes.
Nutrition information per serving, using t-bone: 408 calories; 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 61 mg cholesterol; 788 mg sodium; 28 g carbohydrate; 3.0 g fiber; 33 g protein; 7.3 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 5.9 mg iron; 10.6 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, and zinc; and a good source of fiber and selenium.