popcorn steak bites
Beefy nuggets cooked in the oven, perfect for little hands to dip as they wish.
- 1 pound beef Cubed Steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 6 cups ridged potato chips (any flavor)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- DIPPING SAUCES
- Ranch or Thousand Island dressing, mustard, ktechup or barbecue sauce
- Cut beef steaks into 1X1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Place chips in bowl of food processor. Cover; pulse on and off to form fine crumbs.
Cook's Tip: To crush chips with rolling pin, place chips in large food-safe resealable plastic bag. Close bag securely, leaving one inch opening. Finely crush chips in bag with rolling pin.
- Combine pepper and flour in a shallow bowl. Place crushed chips and eggs into two additional shallow bowls. Dip steak pieces in flour, then into egg, then into crushed chips, turning to coat all sides and pressing chips onto steak pieces.
- Spray rack of broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place beef bites on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 6 inches from heat. Broil 8 to 10 minutes or until 160°F. Serve immediately with dipping sauces, as desired.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed beef. Cubed steaks should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of cubed steak doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 435 Calories; 22g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; 166mg Cholesterol; 308mg Sodium; 26g Total carbohydrate; 32g Protein; 3.5mg Iron; 7.7mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 171.4mg Choline; 2.5mcg Vitamin B12; 6.2mg Zinc; 29.4mcg Selenium; 1.6g Fiber.