peppered beef steaks with caramelized onions
- 2 beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow or red onions, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper blend
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until melted. Add onions; cook 18 to 21 minutes or until caramelized, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, as desired. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Press seasoning evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet. Cook over medium heat 14 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Serve with onions.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories; 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 90 mg cholesterol; 34 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 24 g protein; 4.0 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 26.9 mcg selenium; 4.2 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.