pepper herb-crusted beef tenderloin
Beef Tenderloin Roast is seasoned with herbs. Sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 beef Tenderloin Roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cracked mixed peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 45 to 55 minutes for medium rare; 55 to 65 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°to 15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into thick slices; season with salt, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 253 Calories; 11g Total Fat; 4.2g Saturated Fat; 0.8g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.6g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.6g Trans Fat; 119mg Cholesterol; 80mg Sodium; 503mg Potassium; 0.4g Total carbohydrate; 39g Protein; 4.7mg Iron; 7.9mg Niacin; 1mg Vitamin B6; 102.3mg Choline; 5.8mcg Vitamin B12; 6mg Zinc; 35.7mcg Selenium; 0.1g Fiber.