parmesan crusted strip roast
Crunchy panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese make for a satisfying salty crunch to a delicious cut of beef. Add your favorite vegetables for a perfect meal.
- 1 beef Strip roast (about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup panko or rustic bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine cheese, parsley and shallot in food processor; process until finely ground. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in panko. Press panko mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 366 Calories; 13g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; 140mg Cholesterol; 217mg Sodium; 6g Total carbohydrate; 53g Protein; 3.4mg Iron; 20.3mg Niacin; 1.1mg Vitamin B6; 191.4mg Choline; 2.9mcg Vitamin B12; 9.4mg Zinc; 58.6mcg Selenium; 0.4g Fiber;