moroccan-style beef kabobs with spiced bulgur
- 1 1/4 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless or Tenderloin Steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- SPICED BULGUR
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking bulgur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces. Whisk marinade ingredients in large bowl until smooth. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare Spiced Bulgur. Combine bulgur, water, raisins, orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, cumin, garlic and salt in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed. Fluff with fork; stir in parsley. Keep warm.
- Soak eight 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef pieces onto skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve kabobs with Spiced Bulgur.
Nutrition information per serving: 303 Calories; 5g Total Fat; 2g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; 49mg Cholesterol; 212mg Sodium; 34g Total carbohydrate; 29g Protein; 3.3mg Iron; 8.6mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 5.3mg Zinc; 32.9mcg Selenium; 4.2g Fiber;