mongolian sloppy joes
- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and chiles; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Remove drippings.
2. Stir in hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and honey; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Divide beef mixture evenly on bottom half of each bun; close sandwiches.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 328 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 51 mg cholesterol; 912 mg sodium; 36 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g fiber; 22 g protein; 4.2 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 12.6 mcg selenium; 4.0 mg zinc; 55.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron, selenium and choline.