It takes just 20 minutes to prepare this flavorful and satisfying Top Sirloin Steak stir-fry.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups bamboo shoots, edamame, baby corn, or water chestnuts
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Cut beef steak in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/8-inch strips. Toss beef with garlic and red pepper.
2. Heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Remove from skillet.
3. Add ginger, green onions, oyster sauce, sugar and ginger to same skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is hot. Return beef to skillet. Add bamboo shoots; cook and stir until bamboo shoots are hot. Serve over rice.
Nutrition information per serving: 343 calories; 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 70 mg cholesterol; 555 mg sodium; 42 g carbohydrate; 2.6 g fiber; 31 g protein; 9.9 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 39.5 mcg selenium; 6.2 mg zinc; 101.0 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.