mexican-style beef sausage
Use Ground Beef in this Mexican-Style Beef Sausage recipe as a delicious addition to your favorite Mexican recipes.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large lowl, mixing lightly but thouroughly
Cook's Tip: For a more mild flavor, use less chipotle chile powder.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 236 Calories; 15g Total Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 7g Monounsaturated Fat; 76mg Cholesterol; 370mg Sodium; 1g Total carbohydrate; 23g Protein; 2.6mg Iron; 6.8mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 74.1mg Choline; 2.4mcg Vitamin B12; 5.5mg Zinc; 18.6mcg Selenium; 0.4g Fiber.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6, iron and choline.