mexi beef chili mac
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 Oz) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons spsicy season mix (recipe follows)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Brown ground beef with bell pepper, onion and garlic in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking beef up into ¾ -inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
Spicy Seasoning Mix: Combine 3 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1- ½ teaspoons garlic powder, ¾ teaspoon dried oregano and ½ teaspoon ground red pepper. Store in airtight container and shake before using. Makes ¼ cup.