mediterranean grilled chuck steak with garden grilled vegetables
Dive into this marinated, grilled chuck steak paired with flavors of the Mediterranean. Served with seasonal grilled vegetables.
- 1 pound beef Blade Chuck Steak
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean Spice Mix
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise
- 8 baby sweet bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup Blasamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Mediterranean spice mix
- Combine marinade in a small bowl. Place beef Chuck steaks & marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- In a medium size bowl toss zucchini & mini bell peppers with 1 teaspoon olive. Place vegetables on grid over medium heat. Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and set aside. Once slightly cooled slice zucchini into 1/4inch slices and set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Season each side of the steak with 1/2 Tablespoon of spice mix. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 3 to 4 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 3 to 4 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill and season with salt, as desired. Serve alongside grilled vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving, 4 oz: 426 Calories; 261 Calories from fat; 29g Total Fat (7 g Saturated Fat; 0.4 g Trans Fat; 2.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 17.3 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 72 mg Cholesterol; 565 mg Sodium; 17 g Total Carbohydrate; 4.2 g Dietary Fiber; 10.6 g Total Sugars; 25 g Protein; 0 g Added Sugars; 82.7 mg Calcium; 4.9 mg Iron; 1006 mg Potassium; 0 mcg Vitamin D; 0.4 mg Riboflavin; 6.9 mg NE Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 5.1 mcg Vitamin B12; 255 mg Phosphorus; 8.4 mg Zinc; 33.5 mcg Selenium; 109.2 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Potassium, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Choline.