louisiana caramel sauce
Try this caramel sauce with our exciting desserts that include beef or any of your favorites. This sauce is extra special with the addition of cayenne pepper sauce.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon burbon or dark rum
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
- Heat sugar, cream, butter and bourbon in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook 5 to 7 minute until thickened, whisking gently. Add vanilla and hot sauce, as desired. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat. Season with salt, as desired. Cool 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition information per serving: 108 Calories; 5.6 Calories from fat; 5.6g Total Fat (3.5 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.2 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 1.5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 16 mg Cholesterol; 38 mg Sodium; 14 g Total Carbohydrate; 0 g Dietary Fiber; 0.3 g Protein; 0.1 mg Iron; 29 mg Potassium; 0 mg Niacin; 0 mg Vitamin B6; 0 mcg Vitamin B12; 0 mg Zinc; 0.4 mcg Selenium; 2.2 mg Choline.