layered beef salad on-the-go
- 3 ounce cooked lean beef (such as Top Sirloin, Strip, Tenderloin or Flank Steak), cut into slices
- 3 cups mixed salad greens or chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup assorted vegetables (such as shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, grape tomatoes, sliced radish, sugar snap peas)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked small pasta, rinsed drained chickpeas or Great Northern beans
- 1/4 cup Greek or Plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chopotle pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Combine dressing ingredients in bottom of medium container or small bowl with lid.
Layer salad greens, vegetables, pasta or beans and beef on top of dressing. Close lid securely or cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to use.
Before serving, shake covered container to coat salad well.
Nutrition information per serving, using Top Sirloin Steak: 308 calories; 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 49 mg cholesterol; 453 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate; 6.1 g fiber; 37 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.8 mg iron; 39.7 mcg selenium; 5.3 mg zinc; 107.8 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.