jamaican-style jerk steak bowl
Marinated beef Skirt Steak is served on top of quinoa with cabbage and a mango salsa.
- 1 each beef Skirt Steak (about 1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Caribbean Jerk Seasoning Blend
- 6 cups package coleslaw mix
- 2 cups diced fresh mangoes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons Pickapeppa™ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- diced fresh mangoes
- Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or as long as overnight.
Combine yogurt and jerk seasoning in large bowl. Add coleslaw mix, mangoes and quinoa; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness. Remove; keep warm.
- Divide Cole slaw mixture among 4 bowls. Carve steak against the grain into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Place steak slices on top of coleslaw mixture. Garnish with diced mango, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 401 Calories; 14g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 7g Monounsaturated Fat; 79mg Cholesterol; 715mg Sodium; 47g Total carbohydrate; 29g Protein; 4.2mg Iron; 4.7mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 110.1mg Choline; 3.9mcg Vitamin B12; 6.1mg Zinc; 21.7mcg Selenium; 5.9g Fiber.