indian beef flank steak & rice
Marinated beef Skirt Steak is served on top of quinoa with cabbage and a mango salsa.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 red onions, cut into thick slices
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen peas, cooked
- Combine yogurt, garlic powder, ginger, coriander seeds, cumin, paprika and salt in small bowl. Spread 1/3 cup of mixture over steak. Reserve remaining yogurt mixture for sauce. Marinate steak in refrigerator for 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, grill onion slices, covered, 11 to 15 minutes. Remove steak from grill; let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce in small saucepan over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Cut steak lengthwise in half, then across the grin into thin slices. Cut onions into bite-sized pieces. Combine rice and peas in large bowl. Divide rice mixture evenly among plates. Serve with beef, onions and sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 320 calories; 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 528 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 3.7 g fiber; 31 g protein; 8.9 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.2 mg iron; 33.8 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 104.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.