grilled top sirloin fliets with smoky orange sauce
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds beef top sirloin center filets, cut 1 inch thick, tied
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oragano or 1 teaspoon dired oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- SMOKY ORANGE SAUCE
- 1 cup chopped orange segments
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare Smoky Orange Sauce. Combine sauce ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
Carve steaks into slices. Serve with Smoky Orange Sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 214 calories; 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 49 mg cholesterol; 201 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 1.7 g fiber; 27 g protein; 7.9 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 30.9 mcg selenium; 5.0 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.