grilled top sirloin filets
Two options with this recipe, A garlic-Thyme Steak Rub or a Lemon-Oregano Steak Rub.
- 2 pounds beef Top Sirloin Filets, cut 3/4 to 1 inch
- GARLIC-THYME STEAK RUB
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoons ground red pepper
- LEMON-OREGANO STEAK RUB
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Combine rub ingredients, as desired; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill according to the chart for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. 3.Serve half of steaks immediately, as desired. Cover and refrigerate remaining steaks for later use. Before serving, carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.