grilled szechuan steak & bok choy wraps with spicy peanut mayonnaise
Need a quick grab and go lunch? Try out these spicy Asian marinated steak wraps filled with tender baby bok choy and a savory creamy peanut mayonnaise.
- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 baby bok choy, cut lengthwise in half
- 4 spinach wraps ro tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1 tabelspoon minced fresh ginger
- SPICY PEANUT MAYONNAISE
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat or regular mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium or regular soy saucd
- 3/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 tablespoon for bok choy. Place beef steak and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Brush bok choy with reserved 1 tablespoon marinade. Grill bok choy, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine Spicy Peanut Mayonnaise ingredients in medium bowl; mix well.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Cut each bok choy half lengthwise in half again, forming quarters. Cut core from each quarter. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on spinach wraps. Divide steak slices and bok choy among wraps. Roll up tightly.
Nutrition information per serving: 481 Calories; 17g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 61mg Cholesterol; 669mg Sodium; 45g Total carbohydrate; 35g Protein; 4.9mg Iron; 8.1mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 5.4mg Zinc; 48.2mcg Selenium; 2.9g Fiber.