grilled steak and vegetable salad
Take your salad over the top with delicious and tender Strip Steak bites.
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 different vegetables such as zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, eggplant, red onion, red and yellow bell pepper or Romaine lettuce, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat dressing or vinaigrette, such as Italian, noncreamy Caesar or red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss potato and vegetables with 1/4 cup dressing; set aside. Rub beef Steaks with garlic and pepper.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill time remains the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill lettuce and asparagus 2 to 4 minutes; grill other vegetables 11 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks and vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Combine beef, vegetables and remaining 1/4 cup dressing in large bowl; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 291 Calories; 9g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 69mg Cholesterol; 384mg Sodium; 24g Total carbohydrate; 29g Protein; 4mg Iron; 13.3mg Niacin; 1.1mg Vitamin B6; 123.4mg Choline; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 5.5mg Zinc; 31.3mcg Selenium; 5g Fiber.