grilled steak and fresh mozzarella flatbread
- 1 1/4 pounds beef top sirloin center filets, cut 1 inch thick, tied
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 naan breads (Indian flatbread) or pita breads
Press lemon pepper evenly onto steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, combine spinach, cheese and basil in large bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar; toss to coat and set aside.
Remove steak from grill and let stand 5 minutes.
Place naan on grill; grill, covered, 1 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
Carve steaks into slices. Top naan evenly with spinach mixture and steak slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 437 calories; 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 467 mg sodium; 37 g carbohydrate; 4.6 g fiber; 38 g protein; 7.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 33.1 mcg selenium; 4.9 mg zinc; 99.9 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.