grilled porterhouse steaks with garlic-herb peppercorn crust
- 2 beef Porterhouse Steaks or T-Bone Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Remove bones from steaks; carve into slices. Season with 1 teaspoon peppercorns and salt, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 226 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 61 mg cholesterol; 108 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrate; 0.6 g fiber; 29 g protein; 5.0 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 11.2 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc; and a good source of selenium.