grilled beef sirloin farmers market skewers
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- MUSTARD-THYME GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
Combine glaze ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds, stirring once. Brush on beef steak.
Alternately thread vegetables onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Combine mustard and oil; brush on vegetables.
Place steak and skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables 6 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
Carve steak; season with salt. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition information per serving: 296 calories; 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 62 mg cholesterol; 362 mg sodium; 15 g carbohydrate; 2.5 g fiber; 36 g protein; 1 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.8 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 39.6 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.