grilled beef eye round steaks with garlic-yogurt marinade
- 4 beef Eye of Round Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- SAUCE & MARINADE
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all marinade/sauce ingredients except mayonnaise in small bowl; mix well. Divide mixture in half. Place beef steaks and 1/2 of mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight. Stir mayonnaise into remaining 1/2 of mixture for sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated grill, 17 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Season steaks with salt, as desired. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 427 calories; 2 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 113 mg cholesterol; 609 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.1 g fiber; 53 g protein; 9.2 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 3.1 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 58.2 mcg selenium; 9.1 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.