greek beef steak and hummus plate
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 recipe Romesco Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup ready to serve hummus
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves, or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- pita chips, crumbled feta cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, Kalamata olives, chopped fresh oregano leaves
Combine Rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 17 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, using vegetable peeler, peel cucumber into thin strips. Toss cucumber, lemon juice and pepper in medium bowl; set aside. Prepare Romesco Sauce.
Romesco Sauce: Combine 3/4 cups jarred roasted red bell pepper, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds or pine nuts, 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor bowl or blender. Cover; pulse on and off until pureed.
Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Place 1/4 cup hummus on each plate. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Romesco Sauce. Top with cucumber strips and sliced beef. Garnish with pita chips, feta cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, olives and oregano, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips: Romesco Sauce recipe can be made ahead. This sauce recipe will make 1-1/2 cups. Only 1/2 cup is needed. Use more as desired.
This recipe may be served on a large platter for a shared appetizer.