ginger-maple steak with napa cabbage & grilled onions
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1-inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- GINGER-MAPLE MARINADE & DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic paste
- Whisk marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle steaks with pepper. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill onions 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Cut onion slices into quarters. Toss cabbage, onion and 2 tablespoons reserved dressing in large bowl. Arrange beef on cabbage mixture. Drizzle with some of remaining dressing. Pass remaining dressing.
Nutrition information per serving: 166 calories; 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 35 mg cholesterol; 501 mg sodium; 11 g carbohydrate; 0.8 g fiber; 17 g protein; 4.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 0.9 mcg vitamin B12; 1.2 mg iron; 18.2 mcg selenium; 3.3 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B12.