garlic-thyme steak rub
Classic and flavorful…thyme, sweet paprika, garlic and ground red pepper provide just the right amount of spice.
- 2 pounds beef Tenderloin Steaks, Strip Steaks, Ribeye Steaks or Top Sirloin Steaks, cut 1-inch thick; or 2 pounds Flat Iron Steaks (about 8 ounces each) or 4 pounds T-Bone Steaks or Porterhouse Steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill according to the chart for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve half of steaks immediately, as desired. Cover and refrigerate remaining steaks for later use. Before serving, carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.