garlic-herb crusted beef roast
A quick rub with staple seasonings give this lean roast a delicious flavor. As the beef cooks, whip up your favorite side dishes and you can feed a crowd!
- 1 boneless beef round rump roast or beef bottom round roast (3 to 4 lbs)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyne leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef Top Round Roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 203 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 186 mg sodium; 0.5 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 35 g protein; 6.2 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.9 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 39 mcg selenium; 5.9 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.