four seasons beef and brussels sprout chopped salad
Looking for a fresh new way to serve leftover steak or roast? Just add Brussel sprouts, pear, celery, cheese and cranberries for a salad that's delicious year round.
- 12 ounces cooked (leftover) beef Steak or roast, thinly sliced
- 4 cups thinly sliced brussels sprouts (about 10 ounces)
- 1 medium tart red or green apple or pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat champagne vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola, goat or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Combine beef Steak, Brussels sprouts, apple, celery and cranberries in large bowl.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and nuts, if desired.
Spring Variation: Prepare recipe as directed above, substituting 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries for apple, thinly sliced jicama strips for celery, chopped dates for cranberries, poppy seed dressing for champagne vinaigrette and sliced almonds for walnuts (optional).
Summer Variation: Prepare recipe as directed above, substituting 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple for apple, red bell pepper strips for celery, dried blueberries for cranberries, poppy seed dressing or red wine vinaigrette for champagne vinaigrette and chopped macadamia nuts for walnuts (optional).
Autumn Variation: Prepare recipe as directed above, substituting 1-1/2 cups red grape halves for apple, shredded carrot for celery, raisins for cranberries, red wine vinaigrette or coleslaw dressing for champagne vinaigrette and shelled pumpkin seeds for walnuts (optional).
Nutrition information per serving: 357 Calories; 13g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; 80mg Cholesterol; 690mg Sodium; 30g Total carbohydrate; 32g Protein; 3mg Iron; 11.7mg Niacin; 0.8mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 5.3mg Zinc; 32mcg Selenium; 5g Fiber.