fig-balsamic glazed beef kabobs
Lots of flavor without a lot of work. Top Sirloin Steak kabobs are even more delicious when paired with a fig preserve sauce.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 cup fig preserves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Soak four 10-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Cut beef steak into sixteen 1-1/4-inch pieces.
- Alternately thread beef and onion pieces evenly onto skewers. Set aside.
Cook's Tip: One pound beef Flat Iron or Ranch Steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick may be substituted for Top Sirloin Steak.
- Combine preserves, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl; reserve 1/4 cup for dipping. Brush kabobs with some of remaining sauce.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning and basting with sauce every 2 minutes.
- Season kabobs with salt, as desired. Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.
Nutrition information per serving: 209 Calories; 7g Total Fat; 2g Saturated Fat; 0.6g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.1g Monounsaturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 56mg Cholesterol; 339mg Sodium; 419mg Potassium; 13g Total carbohydrate; 22g Protein; 1.8mg Iron; 6.2mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 83.4mg Choline; 1.2mcg Vitamin B12; 4mg Zinc; 24.7mcg Selenium; 1.9g Fiber.