easy beef breakfast rolls
Homemade Ground Beef Breakfast Sausage is mixed with eggs and cheese inside soft doughy rolls and baked to perfection.
- Country-Style Beef Breakfast Sausage (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 balls of frozen bread dough, thawed
- OPTIONAL FILLINGS
- Chopped onions, salsa, chopped cooked vegetables
- Prepare Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage. Remove from skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Combine beef crumbles, scrambled eggs, cheese and water. Stir in optional filling ingredients, if desired. Roll out one dough ball at a time on unfloured surface to 4 to 5-inch diameter circle. Place approximately 1/4 cup of beef sausage filling into the center of the circle. Gather edges of dough and pinch together. With hands roll dough back into ball. Place seam-side down into a muffin cup.
- Bake 24 to 27 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
Country-Style Beef Breakfast Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef (93% or leaner), 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic power, 1 teaspoon onion power, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 409 calories; 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 138 mg cholesterol; 617 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 32 g protein; 6.2 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg vitamin B12; 4.9 mg iron; 22.2 mcg selenium; 5.7 mg zinc; 119.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.