cuban-style grilled beef & potato salad
Get this Cuban-style recipe. Beef Top Round Steak is grilled with potato slices, served with black beans and a white wine vinaigrette.
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 pounds medium unpeeled potatoes (about 2-1/2 inch diameter), such as yellow flesh or round reds
- 2 teaspoons gound cumin
- 3/4 cup prepared white wine vinaigrette
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cut potatoes crosswise in half; place in microwave-safe dish with 1 cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 10 to 14 minutes or until almost tender, rearranging once. Immediately rinse under cold running water; drain well in colander.
- Meanwhile, combine cumin and salt and pepper, as desired; press evenly onto beef Top Round Steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
- About 5 minutes before steak is done, brush potatoes with some vinaigrette. Place on grid around steak. Grill 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Combine potatoes, beans, cilantro and remaining vinaigrette in large bowl; toss gently. Carve steak into thin slices. Top potato salad with beef. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 572 Calories; 112.5 Calories from fat; 12.5g Total Fat (2.9 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.7 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 110 mg Cholesterol; 653 mg Sodium; 64 g Total Carbohydrate; 13.2 g Dietary Fiber; 52 g Protein; 8.1 mg Iron; 1665 mg Potassium; 13.9 mg NE Niacin; 1.7 mg Vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 8.3 mg Zinc; 41.4 mcg Selenium; 1706 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Potassium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.