cowboy barbecue marinade & sauce
Thinking barbecue ? Look no further than a few simple pantry items. Enjoy it on your next steak.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove 1 cup to use as marinade. Bring remaining marinade to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until desired sauce consistency is reached, stirring occasionally. Set aside until ready to use as Sauce.
- Place beef steak(s) and 1 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak(s) to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours for tender steaks; 6 hours or as long as overnight for less tender steaks, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak(s) from bag; discard marinade. Place steak(s) on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill according to the chart for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Nutrition information per serving: 15 Calories; 0 Calories from fat; 0g Total Fat (0 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat; 0 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 0 mg Cholesterol; 80 mg Sodium; 4 g Total Carbohydrate; 0 g Dietary Fiber; 0 g Protein; 0 mg Iron; 12 mg Potassium; 0 mg Niacin; 0 mg Vitamin B6; 0 mcg Vitamin B12; 0 mg Zinc; 0 mcg Selenium; 0 mg Choline.