country style ribs with rustic fire-roasted tomato sauce
- 2 pounds beef Country-Style Ribs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 4 cups sliced assorted wild mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster and shiitake)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 5 1/2 cups hot cooked bowtie pasta
- sliced fresh basil and shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown half of beef ribs; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
Add mushrooms and garlic to stockpot; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Return beef to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
Remove beef; cut into bite size pieces. Keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Combine beef, pasta and cooking liquid in same pan; heat over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Garnish beef mixture with basil and cheese, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 427 calories; 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 72 mg cholesterol; 565 mg sodium; 48 g carbohydrate; 5.4 g fiber; 32 g protein; 9.1 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 63.5 mcg selenium; 8.7 mg zinc; 97.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6 and choline.