country fried beef steaks with spicy blue cheese sauce
Looking to whip up a down-home meal your whole family will love? Try these country fried steaks with a tangy and spicy blue cheese sauce.
- 1 pound beef Eye of Round Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 4 steaks)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup refrigerated prepared blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon green hot pepper sauce
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper in shallow dish. Whisk egg and water together in shallow bowl until blended. Combine bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and red pepper in separate shallow dish.
- Place beef Steaks between sheets of waxed paper; pound to 1/4 inch thickness. Dip each steak in flour mixture to coat both sides lightly; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place 2 steaks in skillet; cook 5 minutes or until coating is crisp and golden and beef is medium rare (145°F), turning once. (Do not overcook.) Remove steaks; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil, if needed, and steaks.
- Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small bowl. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition information per serving: 625 Calories; 35g Total Fat; 9g Saturated Fat; 11g Monounsaturated Fat; 186mg Cholesterol; 976mg Sodium; 25g Total carbohydrate; 50g Protein; 5.8mg Iron; 10.6mg Niacin; 0.9mg Vitamin B6; 6.5mcg Vitamin B12; 11.3mg Zinc; 75.7mcg Selenium; 1.2g Fiber.