classic steak diane
- 2 beef Strip Steaks, Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine lemon peel, salt and pepper in small bowl; press evenly onto steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally. Remove steaks; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to same skillet; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add brandy; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Stir in cream, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; cook 3 to 5 minutes until sauce is heated through and slightly thickend. Spoon sauce over steaks.
Nutrition information per serving, 4 servings: 327 calories; 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 100 mg cholesterol; 487 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 1.6 g fiber; 30 g protein; 9.3 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mcg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 34.3 mcg selenium; 4.5 mg zinc; 88.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.