classic beef surf and turf
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces cooked crab meat, lobster tail meat or shrimp, diced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/3 cup prepared hollandaise sauce, warmed
- chopped fresh prasley leaves, cayenne pepper (optional)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steaks; keep warm. Meanwhile, steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- Grate peel of lemon; juice lemon. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Stir in lemon juice and crabmeat; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place asparagus on large serving platter. Sprinkle with lemon peel; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Place steaks on top of asparagus; add crabmeat, reserving pan juices. Spoon hollandaise over steaks, asparagus and crabmeat. Drizzle steaks with pan juices. Garnish with parsley and cayenne pepper, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 509 calories; 38 g fat (20 g saturated fat; 12 g monounsaturated fat); 396 mg cholesterol; 267 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 2.5 g fiber; 39 g protein; 7.2 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 5.0 mcg vitamin B12; 6.2 mg iron; 68.5 mcg selenium; 6.8 mg zinc; 117.2 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.