citrus ginger teriyaki steak
Try a marinated steak for dinner tonight. Give an already tender steak the chance to soak up a citrus-ginger marinade. This meal is quick and easy.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup water
- MARINADE & SAUCE
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Combine marinade ingredients in small saucepan over medium heat, whisking just until blended. Remove from heat. Place steak and 1/3 cup marinade mixture in plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining marinade mixture for sauce.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towel. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil steak 16 to 21 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile add water to reserved sauce in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Carve steak into slices. Serve steak with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 319 Calories; 11.3 Calories from fat; 11.3g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 0.1 g Trans Fat; 2.1 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 70 mg Cholesterol; 1483 mg Sodium; 24 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.7 g Dietary Fiber; 30 g Protein; 2.5 mg Iron; 485 mg Potassium; 9 mg Niacin; 0.7 mg Vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2 mg Zinc; 31.7 mcg Selenium; 112.9 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron, and Potassium.