chocolate beefy brownies
Get the added benefit of protein with our take on a chocolate brownie. It's delicious and more sweet than savory.
- 1 cup cooked Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner), cooled
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine chocolate, eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and salt in large mixing bowl; mix to combine. Add flour and baking powder to chocolate mixture; mix until incorporated.
- Add Ground Beef to food processor container. Pulse on and off for 30 seconds until beef is broken into small pieces. Add beef and walnuts to chocolate mixture; stir to combine.
- Coat 8 x 8-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray. Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake in 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition information per serving: 333 Calories; 190.8 Calories from fat; 21.2g Total Fat (4.3 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 10.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 4.9 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 58 mg Cholesterol; 187 mg Sodium; 31 g Total Carbohydrate; 0.9 g Dietary Fiber; 8 g Protein; 1.4 mg Iron; 146 mg Potassium; 1.6 mg Niacin; 0.1 mg Vitamin B6; 0.7 mcg Vitamin B12; 1.7 mg Zinc; 9.7 mcg Selenium; 55.5 mg Choline.
This recipe is a good source of Protein, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.