This recipe makes about 3/4 cup of marinade.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chilies)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Place less tender beef steak(s) and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak(s) to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak(s) from bag; discard marinade. Place steak(s) on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill according to the chart for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.