chipotle beef & chimichurri sauce
Satisfying. Mouthwatering. Delicious. Chipotle pepper, beef & Chimichurri sauce. Need we say more?
- 2 beef Petite Tender Roasts (about 8 to 10 ounce each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into quarters
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil and chipotle chili, as desired; rub evenly over beef roasts.
- Place roasts in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange bell peppers around roasts. Grill peppers, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Grill roasts, covered, 14 to 18 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 14 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Transfer roasts to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare chimichurri sauce. Place parsley, garlic, oregano, salt and chili powder in food processor container. Cover; process until chopped. With motor running, slowly add oil and lime juice through opening in cover, processing until blended.
- Carve roasts across the grain into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve roast and peppers with chimichurri sauce. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 268 Calories; 18g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 12g Monounsaturated Fat; 45mg Cholesterol; 358mg Sodium; 8g Total carbohydrate; 2g Protein; 3.7mg Iron; 3.8mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 4.9mg Zinc; 23mcg Selenium; 2.4g Fiber.