Thrill your tailgate crowd with these Wisconsin-inspired winning beer-infused Cheesehead Sliders.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slider buns or small dinner rolls, split
- 1/4 cup Cheddar-flavored cheese spread
- Combine Ground Beef, beer, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 1/2-inch thick mini-patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Place burger on bottom half of each slider bun. Evenly spread cheese over burgers. Close sandwiches.
Test Kitchen Tips
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
You may substitute pub cheese, Cheddar cheese curds, beer cheese sauce, Cheddar cheese slices or pimento cheese spread for Cheddar-flavored cheese spread.
Nutrition information per serving: 374 calories; 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 87mg cholesterol; 525 mg sodium; 29 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 29 g protein; 7.8 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 32.5 mcg selenium; 6.0 mg zinc; 80.2mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, iron, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and selenium.