Recipe makes 2 1/2 cups of sauce.
- 3 tableaspoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reducd-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dired tarragon leaves
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add shallots; cook and stir 2 minutes until golden brown. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook for 3 to 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender, stirring often.
- Add wine; simmer 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Stir in tarragon leaves. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.