cajun-style steak and grits
Nothing beats the flavor of Cajun-seasoned rubbed Sirloin Steaks and grits with Cheddar cheese. Satisfying. Mouthwatering. Delicious!
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Hot pepper sauce
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk; bring to a boil. Slowly add grits, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and creamy, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; add cheese. Let stand 1 minute. Stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt, as desired. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, press remaining 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning onto beef Steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Place grits in shallow bowl; top with beef. Serve with hot sauce, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving, using 2% milk and no salt in grits: 459 Calories; 135 Calories from fat; 15g Total Fat (8 g Saturated Fat; 5 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 100 mg Cholesterol; 735 mg Sodium; 37 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.9 g Dietary Fiber; 43 g Protein; 2.8 mg Iron; 15 mg Niacin; 0.8 mg Vitamin B6; 2.7 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.7 mg Zinc; 45.3 mcg Selenium; 145.3 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron.