cajun beef pepper steak
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices rustic crusty bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine Bruschetta Topping ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine ground beef, cheese, green onions and garlic in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of bread slices with oil. About 3 minutes before burgers are done, place bread on grid. Grill until lightly toasted, turning once.
- Season burgers with salt and pepper, as desired. Place 1 burger on each bread slice; top each with 1/4 cup Bruschetta Topping. Serve open-faced.
Nutrition information per serving, using 80% lean ground beef: 359 calories; 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 82 mg cholesterol; 629 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 3.1 g fiber; 28 g protein; 6.1 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.3 mg iron; 19.4 mcg selenium; 5.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.
Nutrition information per serving, using 95% lean ground beef: 285 calories; 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 69 mg cholesterol; 653 mg sodium; 23 g carbohydrate; 1.4 g fiber; 29 g protein; 6.9 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 21.7 mcg selenium; 5.8 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.