buffalo style beef tacos
Family favorite tacos get a flavor update with wing sauce, blue cheese, celery and carrots.
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce for Buffalo wings
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup thinly sliced lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat or regular blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cliantro
- cilantro sprigs
- carrots & celery sticks
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 - 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return to skillet; stir in pepper sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture into taco shells. Add lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Top evenly with carrot, celery and cilantro. Garnish with carrot and celery sticks or cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 297 Calories; 108 Calories from fat; 12g Total Fat (4 g Saturated Fat; 3 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 76 mg Cholesterol; 689 mg Sodium; 19 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.7 g Dietary Fiber; 27 g Protein; 2.9 mg Iron; 6.4 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.1 mg Zinc; 18 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron.