braised beef with lime-cilantro mayonnaise
Eye of Round Steaks are slowly simmered with onions in a stockpot for tender results. A simple sauce dresses up the final dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds beef Eye of Rounds Steaks, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups water
- CILANTRO-LIME MAYONNAISE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Place beef Steaks, onions and water in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45-60 minutes or until beef is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile combine Lime-Cilantro Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- Remove Steaks; keep warm. Strain solids from cooking liquid; discard solids. Carve Steaks into thin slices; arrange on serving platter. Pour enough cooking liquid over beef to moisten (about 1/4 cup). Serve with Lime-Cilantro Mayonnaise and lime wedges.
Nutrition information per serving: 400 Calories; 243 Calories from fat; 27g Total Fat (4 g Saturated Fat; 2 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 69 mg Cholesterol; 190 mg Sodium; 10 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.2 g Dietary Fiber; 29 g Protein; 2.6 mg Iron; 5.3 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg Vitamin B12; 5 mg Zinc; 34.1 mcg Selenium.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron.