bowls in balance - greek
- 2 beef Strip Steak Boneless, but 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 medium red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta chese
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11-14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Place zucchini and peppers on the grill. Grill Zucchini covered for 7 to 10 minutes and peppers covered for 11 to 14 minutes.
- While steaks and vegetables are cooking, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and salt to make tzatziki sauce. Dress quinoa with the remaining lemon juice and parsley. Divide quinoa equally among four bowls.
- Slice steaks into thin slices. Chop zucchini and peppers into bite-sized pieces. Divide steak and vegetables evenly over the quinoa in each of the bowls. Garnish with olives and feta and finish with a dollop of Tzatziki. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 374 calories; 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 74 mg cholesterol; 542 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate; 5.1 g fiber; 37 g protein; 8.6 mg niacin; 1.0 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 34.3 mcg selenium; 6.2 mg zinc; 132.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.