- 1 beef Top Sirloin Seak Boneless, cut 1 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups lightly packed arugula leaves
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette dressing
- 1 ounce shaved or shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season steak with pepper. Rub with garlic. Place beef and oil in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash covered coals. Grill, covered, 22 to 26 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 24 to 30 minutes) for medium rare (135°F) to medium (150°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Transfer steaks to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil Let stand for 5 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium).
- In medium bowl, combine arugula and tomatoes. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, if desired. Divide among four plates. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, if desired. Serve steak on plate with arugula and tomatoes. Drizzle with red wine vinaigrette; garnish with parmesan and fresh ground black pepper, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 220 calories; 10 g fat (2.5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 70 mg cholesterol; 220 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.8 g fiber; 27 g protein; 10.6 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 30.7 mcg selenium; 5 mg zinc; 103 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.