beef top sirloin steak with brown rice & vegetables
Top Sirloin topped with Parmesan cheese and served with brown rice and veggies.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons non-creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 cups frozen vegetable mixture, such as baby green and yellow beans and carrots
- 2 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut beef steak crosswise into four equal pieces. Place steaks and 1/3 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Season steaks with lemon pepper.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steak in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions, including salt but omitting butter. When adding rice to saucepan, stir in vegetables. When rice is done, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve with steaks. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 286 Calories; 9g Total Fat; 2.4g Saturated Fat; 0.2g Polyunsaturated Fat; 1.6g Monounsaturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 60mg Cholesterol; 513mg Sodium; 303mg Potassium; 26g Total carbohydrate; 23g Protein; 1.5mg Iron; 7mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 79.3mg Choline; 1.2mcg Vitamin B12; 4.5mg Zinc; 24.4mcg Selenium; 2.1g Fiber.