beef stir-fry with couscous
- 1 1/4 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 can (14 - 14 1/2 ounces) ready to serve beef broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1/2 cup coarsly chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/2 cup prepared honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- parsley sprigs
Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips; set aside.
In medium saucepan, bring beef broth to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover pan and remove from heat.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, 1/2 at a time, and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
In same skillet, stir-fry bell pepper and onion 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet; stir in barbecue sauce. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Arrange beef mixture on couscous; sprinkle with chopped parsley. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Nutrition information per serving: 632 calories; 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 110 mg cholesterol; 963 mg sodium; 52 g carbohydrate; 4.1 g fiber; 66 g protein; 18.4 mg niacin; 1.4 mg vitamin B6; 3.2 mcg vitamin B12; 4.8 mg iron; 67.8 mcg selenium; 11.3 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.